Scroll down to see our DIY Halloween pine cone Spider! The perfect creepy craft.
Pine cone Spider
Looking for last minute decoration ideas? Or a fun craft for the kids?
These pine cone spiders are great for some last minute decorations, easy, fun and inexpensive.
Did you know that spiders have 8 eyes? Why not see if you can glue on 8 eyes on your pine cone spider.
You will need:
- Round pine cones
- Googly eyes
- Pipe cleaners
- Low temperature glue gun – If you are using a glue gun ask for an adult’s help. They can get very hot!
- Acrylic paint
- Paint your pine cone with whatever colour paint you would like. We chose black.
- Place 4 pipe cleaners into the centre of the pine cone to make 8 legs. You can twist the pipe cleaners together to make sure they stay in place!
- If the legs are too long, adjust the length with scissors if necessary.
- Spread out the legs so they look like real spider legs.
- Now shape the pine cone spider legs! We bent the top of the legs.
- Now for the best bit! Decorate your spider. We used a glue gun to attach googly eyes to the pine cone.
Get creative, why not attach some pom poms too!
If you make your own pine cone spider make sure to share it with us over on our Facebook page.